Almost all times we get a high workload on our team, we want to be lean and/or we don't want to get to tedious with managing lots of people when other people can do the work and save on having employee's responsabilities, on this case
With who to outsource:
- Companies: Outsourcing with companies guarantees that the client will have a person working for them "x" hours and that will accomplish x standards, also the company will be responsible of training, workplace and having a high technology environement -> this helps the actual project he is on having a right flow , less blockers and a free support without help of the final client.
- Freelancers: Hiring with freelancers is cheaper but the risk is higher: Risk of commitment on the project, don't have required hours to check in or checkout, the risk of dropping of the project.
Responsabilities of the Outsourcing company:
- Provide quality code based on every scope / situation of a project.
- Provide good communication based on the project requirements
Responsibilities of the Client to the Outsourcing team:
- What to expect of every team member.
- Communicate the expected culture over the project and tasks, we have had major clients that expect more of the team or other that expect more.
- Communicate right away to the contractor manager if something begins to be an issue.
This is a simple blog of main factors of outsourcing software, more information will be updated on this post or future blog posts.